Fine Dining at Cala Restaurante

There's nothing like waterfront dining. But when you peer over the balcony of a restaurant to see only only crashing waves and surfers, a feeling of awe comes over you. Cala Restaurant in the Miraflores district of Lima boasts spectacular views of the Pacific Ocean, allowing guests to savour a sensational sunset as they dine. The surfers provide great entertainment while you relax to the sound of breaking waves.

The top level of Cala Restaurant in Miraflores
We arrived at Cala on a Monday night with enough time to admire the clear waters before the sun went down. There were only a few couples in the restaurant, which made for a peaceful atmosphere. The wait staff were very attentive and treated us like royalty. They were pleased to provide us with recommendations as to what to drink. I was recommended to try their frozen strawberry daiquiri, which, I must say, was to die for! Their pisco sour was equally as enticing and it was hard to resist the temptation to order a second cocktail. 

Soaking up the view whilst sipping on a strawberry daiquiri
One of the best views in Lima
Before we had finished our drinks, a waiter brought to the table a basket of bread, which was accompanied by olive oil, plain butter and olive butter (left). Oh my goodness! The olive butter completely blew my mind! Before Cala I never knew such a type of butter existed. If you haven't tried it before you have to put it on your bucket list. I searched high and low for it in the supermarkets but haven't been able to find it so I think I'll have to persuade the chef to share with me his or her secret recipe. Following the warm bread we tucked into some fresh calamari and yuquitas, the Peruvian version of French fries made from a type of root vegetable known as Yuca (it tastes very similar to potato). 

Who knew bread could be so yummy!
I look forward to trying Cala's 'postres' (desserts), which are supposed to be delicious. To be honest I didn't think that restaurants like Cala could be found in Lima, but I was wrong. Being close to the water made me think of Sydney and I felt very at ease. Cala is a must if you want to treat yourself, although for such a location the prices are more than reasonable. 

1 comment:

  1. Buy ayahuasca tea from authentic manufacture & supplier of ayahuasca tea Mind-herbs.com in USA, get high quality tea in Peru Europe all over the world in just single click.
    ayahuasca tea peru

    ReplyDelete